StatCounter

A Roman holiday VIII (Fine - The End)




Some personal highlights:

* Al fresco dinners in the balmy evenings under the dark sky
* Trastevere
* Stumbling on the Jewish quarter, where we were suddenly swept into another world & enjoyed lovely pastries and latte, kosher of course
*Faded hues & the architecture, everywhere
* Dinner at Piazza S.Ignazio, people chattering and orchestra playing, everyone standing up, singing along, hands on their hearts, as the orchestra finished off with the national anthem 
* All those friendly, beautiful faces


Arrivederci Roma! 

(In my eyes, the building in the first picture is just perfectissimo.)

Thank you for tagging along so very patiently :) 



Eloisa Bonjour said...

Tuttuja tunnelmia täällä :) Minullakin on Italian matka vielä niin päällimmäisenä mielessä.

michele said...

thanks for taking us along, beautiful blogger!

michele

Gianly said...

Le tue foto parlano italiano!!!
Splendide!
Gianly

Gianly said...

Le tue foto parlano italiano!!!
Splendide!
Gianly

Tanja said...

Oi kiitos Rebecca tästä tenhoavan kauniista kuvakierroksesta Roomaan! Olen käynyt tihtaamassa kuvat jo pariin kertaan, ja aion kuvamatkailla vielä monesti. Tekee hyvää edes kuvissa nähdä sivistystä ja kaupunkia varsinaisen maalaisturneen jälkeen :)

Rebecca / Sanctuary said...

Thanks so, so much, x

Rebecca / Sanctuary said...

Kävinkin pikaisesti kurkkaamassa upeita kuviasi, palaan vielä uudelleen kunnolla. Aika hauska sattuma. Samoissa maisemissa olette liikkuneet kuin me muutama vuosi sitten, silloin jäi kyllä Rooma meillä väliin.

Rebecca / Sanctuary said...

Thanks lovely michele!

Rebecca / Sanctuary said...

Sono lusingata, grazie! x

Rebecca / Sanctuary said...

Oi kun kivaa kuulla, vaikka tästä tuli näinkin moniosainen rimpsu. Mulla iski tuolla ihan totaalinen kuvaamishuuma, kun materiaalia oli jatkuvana vanana silmien edessä. Kohta taas pikkureissu tiedossa, mutta sen jälkeen olisikin tosi kivaa taas nähdä, jos olet maisemissa.

anne said...

Italy is one of my favourite country ! I have gone to Roma when I was living in Paris. The french capital looked so grey in comparison to Roma, coulourful and full of life !

madhu said...

Patiently, you say! Thank YOU for the journey!

madhu said...

Patiently, you say! Thank YOU for the journey!

honeypieLivingetc said...

god, there truly is something
magical about italy for me..
and you’ve captured the roma soul
so amazingly beautiful !

thank you for your lovely words,
~ synchronicity is beautiful ! :)

xo, h

Blickwinkel said...

wonderful pictures ... I will travel to Roma now! :-)
have a nice weekend! ♥ Esther

Ampiniini said...

Ihania kuvia. Tarkoitus oli koneen ääreen päästyäni ja huomatessani monta uutta postausta käydä näitä pikkuhiljaa nautiskellan läpi, mutta en malttanut. Pitää siis tulla vielä uudestaan.

AnnaVallance said...

Thank you so much for sharing your oh so beautiful pictures of Roma! For just a few minutes I was there in my mind, that is all it took to feel lighter, happier, calmer and glad to be reminded of places where beauty is around every corner. It also makes me look at where I live with fresh eyes because there is beauty here too, I just have to look a little harder to see it. Thank you.

martine said...

Pleasure to discover this beautiful blog, I love Rome and have enjoyed the photos will come back to see more! Amitié, Martine

Niina said...

Love these photos ! Osaat vangita tunnelman Rebecca.
ps. oot näemmä syntynyt kuvaamaan, upeita otoksia !!

Rebecca / Sanctuary said...

It's amazing how certain colours strike you the first minute you reach the city - I have exactly the same sentiments. To me London is full of colours, Paris all whites and greys, while Rome is filled with this amazing faded softness, oranges, rich colours that don't seem at all too overwhelming.

Rebecca / Sanctuary said...

Thank you you kind person :) x

Rebecca / Sanctuary said...

My sincerest thank yous to you hannah ♡
I think I'd almost forgotten how magical Italy is,
so here's to many more trips over that way for both of us :)

Rebecca / Sanctuary said...

Happy travels :) I think I'll have to come back to my hundreds of pictures over the winter months,
and travel back there over and over at least in my mind :)

Rebecca / Sanctuary said...

No olipa mukava kuulla, että sinäkin näitä maltoit katsella,
tuntui vain itsestä, että kunnon vyöryn tänne latelin :)

Rebecca / Sanctuary said...

You live in such a magical corner of the world Anna, you lucky thing!
Thank you for your sweet words, "lighter, happier, calmer and glad" are exactly what I felt when I was there...

Rebecca / Sanctuary said...

So happy to hear Martine, welcome along, x

Rebecca / Sanctuary said...

Niina sinä ihana ♥!

Instagram

Sanctuary.