StatCounter

WEDNESDAY NOTES
























I dug out my first film camera, 

a gift from my dad when I was eighteen. 

Time to take it for a spin me thinks. 

It brings a warm glow on the inside,

a keen photographer himself,

with a kind and loving heart.














Added a few more pictures to our growing

hallway gallery,

maybe every inch will be covered

a few years down the line. 

Although just yesterday I was thinking

how one could manage on very little,

a half-empty space,

light streaming, books and candles,

and lots of room for photography and the imagination. 

But then, I do like beautiful things,

with a story to tell... 

















The days seem to be filling up with this and that,

good things,

people and opportunities. 


This space is always a good place

to land in between. 


Wishing you a sweet rest of the week,




x


























Hildi said...

Stunning pictures as always. Have a wonderful week.

lejardengirl said...

Must pull my film camera from the reckage..thanks for your thoughts

Seawashed said...

The first photo speaks the most to me in this post. Though I love your way with words. Your voice is calming. But your photos speak so much. Oh my I love that. Wishing you so much beauty this new year.

Rebecca Skye Watson said...

Thank you Hildi so much for your kind words,
almost time to say happy weekend! x

Rebecca Skye Watson said...

Oh definitely time to dig it out, too!
With so much happening digitally at the mo,
it sure has a pull...
And the surprise element that's in store.
x

Rebecca Skye Watson said...

Kerrie, your words always hit a deep place inside,
thank you -
I wish you the same,
beauty and peace and joy, x

Anci said...

Lovely, lovely photos and a wonderful photowall !
I wish you a weekend full of nice things,

XO
Anci

Berenice Big ! said...

Photos si poétiques... Poétic post !

michele said...

isn't it interesting how some of us are passionate about collecting images--moments--and fleeting flickering evidence of beauty? i remain enamored with your particular eye and collection. peace to you right where you are.

Rebecca Skye Watson said...

Thank you Anci darling!
The weekend began sweetly yesterday,
meeting up with two inspiring people in a row
over a glass of red.
Wishing you a lovely weekend, too xx

Rebecca Skye Watson said...

Ahh, merci beaucoup Berenice!!
x

Rebecca Skye Watson said...

Oh yes, michele, I wonder where it stems from,
as it did begin at a young age...
And for me it's a feeling of not wanting to be
too attached to things,
accepting that all concrete things are fleeting,
but then again there's that deeply ingrained desire
to see and create beauty around.
Thank you for your kindness, always,
and a lovely Saturday to you sweetie, x

Anonymous said...

Happy weekend my darling Rebecca!
There is always so much beauty here in your blogsphere! :-)
Maria

Rebecca Skye Watson said...

Thank you sweet Maria
- this touched me!
Wishing you a lovely rest of the weekend,
hugs, x

Instagram

Sanctuary.