StatCounter

WEEKEND WIND-DOWN















My Saturday began with a lie-in,

a quiet morning coffee,

then hopping on the 8 tram

to see my gorgeous friend at her showroom. 









( Tram rides can take all sorts of twists,

yesterday another tram 

in another direction

- a politician gave up her seat for my daughter,

then an elderly gentleman started talking to us 

about his now grown-up daughter,

who is a ballet dancer in Paris.

As he was leaving, 

he looked at my girl but spoke to me, saying

"You never know what talents and treasures

are hidden underneath that woolly hat".  ) 











As I was about to leave today,

my friend stashed a delicate bouquet 

of eucalyptus & powder-hued roses

under my arm.

The waft now lingers in these rooms

-  and the fragrance of eucalyptus 

just happens to me my No 1 favourite in the world.

(Close tie with freshly ground coffee perhaps...)












Thought I'd raise my glass 

to quality time with friends 

who tug the heartstrings,

& chance encounters 

on trams and street corners. 




Sweet Saturday evening everyone! 


 x
















Seawashed said...

I love this post. It reminds me that the world...the people our paths cross, is beautiful. That is a besutiful reminder. Thank you xo

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing lovely stories and encounters with all of us. I love your blog!

Rebecca Skye Watson said...

Thanks Kerrie darling!
It's so true, so many fascinating everyday moments and sparkling eyes,
when we take a moment to really look.
Fortunately there's also so much beauty in this world.

Rebecca Skye Watson said...

Thank you dear you for taking the time to leave your delightful message <3
Wishing you a lovely day, xx

Anci said...

It IS another world here ! A world filled of beauty, love, friendship, harmony and hope. I love to be here !
I hope that your day will be beautiful.

XO
Anci

Niina said...

loving this post Rebecca and those roses ... I'm already on the way the flowershop ;)

Berenice Big ! said...

Sweet and poetic inspirations ! J'adore !

Rebecca Skye Watson said...

Thank you from all my heart
for your overwhelmingly touching words...
Your beautiful heart and kindness just spill right over, x

Rebecca Skye Watson said...

Thank you Nina-kulta,
flowers are the best pickup!
(Ja aina poden huonoa omaatuntoa,
kun niin usein jää kirjoittamatta suomeksi... )

Rebecca Skye Watson said...

Merci Berenice!! x

Instagram

Sanctuary.