Wednesday, 4 November 2015


Next time you go to Copenhagen -
go, go, go to Glyptoteket

Its wings & floors
are filled with antique sculpture,
works by Rodin,
currently also a special exhibit of Degas' dancers... 

And at the heart of it all,
tranquil winter gardens
with a café where we indulged in
 strawberry tart, coffee
& a moment's respite 
from the miles of walking
& bustle just outside 
the impressive entrance.

Degas' Little Fourteen-Year-Old Dancer
with her real tutu & ribbon in her hair
was captivating.


  1. Thank you so much for this post!!! Especially the last picture - this mix of materials... so inspiring.
    Happy greetings from Méa

    1. Thank you dear Méa so much!
      That little ballet dancer
      with her time-worn tutu
      & expressive countenance
      is truly special...
      I read somewhere that during Degas' time,
      she was considered "vulgar" and "ugly" by many,
      which feels rather unbelievable now.

  2. It has been many years since I visited Copenhagen but the enchantment stayed with me. Your images are exactly how I remember, beautiful and elegant. I must return, soon!

    1. Thank you LeeAnn for your words
      ~ a joy to hear the photographs resonated
      with your memories of the place...
      I've visited Copenhagen quite a few times now,
      but this last trip seemed to open up a another layer.
      Hope you get to go back soon :) x

  3. I wish I could go. I have never been to anything like it. The cafe where you had coffee is so dreamy. I have always admired the Degas dancers.

  4. What an inspirational post. I live just over the bridge from Copenhagen (in Malmö) and already figuring out when I can go over and discover this lovely place (I think my little girls would love it too). Thank you so much for the tip!


It makes me happy
when you leave a trace

- whether it's a single word
or you scribble all over.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...