Saturday, 11 June 2016

SEA RHYTHM


























































“I want to learn how to speak to anyone at any time 
& make us both feel a little bit better, lighter, richer, 
with no commitments of ever meeting again. 
I want to learn how to stand wherever with whoever and still feel stable. 
I want to learn how to unlock the locks to our minds, my mind, 
so that when I hear opinions or views that don’t match up with mine, 
I can still listen and understand. 
I want to burn up lifeless habits of following maps & to-do lists, 
concentrated liquids to burn my mind & throat
& I want to go back to the way nature shaped me. 
I want to learn to go on well with whatever I have in my hands at the moment
in a natural state of mind,
certain like the sea.

I will find comfort in the rhythm of the sea.” 















8 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous and well said. Very good advice for all of us : ) Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear Anon.
      & a very happy summer! x

      Delete
  2. This is the path that I am on too...the rhythm of the sea...and nature. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a good path...
      the rhythm of the sea
      & in a "natural state of the mind".
      I think there's soooo much out there
      trying to occupy the mind
      & grab the attention
      that a deep breath
      and going back to basics
      is such a relief
      and the path of peace.
      Thanks for always gracing this place
      with tender words, x
      with

      Delete
  3. These are beautiful words and pictures - thank you. I have a confession! I have enjoyed your wonderful posts for some time now, but never commented on how they are so lovely and a calming little bit of beauty in my days, so thank you very much for all your inspiring posts and the hard work that goes into keeping a blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Poppy Fields so much!
      And what a lovely confession
      - one for me to cherish!
      It's a joy to keep this nook going,
      and a joy to read your words like yours
      Wishing you a sweet summertime, x

      Delete
  4. So perfect words for the feeling that hits me right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear they hit home with you
      dear Patricia!
      There was something about them
      that stirred my soul, too.
      A bit too many distractions lately,
      and the soul longs for calm
      & a rooted place.
      Take care, x


      Delete

It makes me happy
when you leave a trace

- whether it's a single word
or you scribble all over.

x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...