StatCounter

OXFORD FOR TEA






















Driving down the motorway
from seeing my granny
to catching a plane at Heathrow,
we decided to skip the regular 
roadside service station
& head for some tea in Oxford instead.

















Rather than googling what's around,
with so little time at hand
we headed straight to England's first ever coffee house,
which came to mind 
from a previous visit. 
We enjoyed our light lunch
washed down with coffee & tea,
then had about five minutes
to walk down an alluring looking street
on our way back to the car.
Bittersweet. 












Oxford has a spell about it.
You find yourself instinctively
gently brushing the ancient stone walls
as you walk past,
as if something of the wise & exquisite
would rub off as you pass.















There's always a next time,
I'm sure.







x



























Down Raspberry Lane said...

"...brushing the ancient stone walls
as you walk past,
as if something of the wise & exquisite
would rub off as you pass" Never having been to Europe (I live in the US), this is very much a part of what I've imagined the experience to be, but I could never have described it in such magical terms. I'm turning 60 this year, and thinking it's time to take that trip! Perhaps some of the wise and exquisite will rub off on me too. Thank you for your lovely words and pictures (that café!).

Anonymous said...

Your blog is so sweet, beautiful and wise with a touch of magic. I absolutely love it!

Maria said...

Beautiful!

Rebecca Skye Watson said...

Thank you dear you
for taking the time to leave such a heart-warming comment.
There's definitely something about old cities like this,
so many layers and stories.
I think you should definitely take that trip! x

Rebecca Skye Watson said...

Thank you for being so kind,
made me so happy to read your words! x

Rebecca Skye Watson said...

Thank you dear Maria! x

Instagram

Sanctuary.