StatCounter

A favourite spot

A day trip to the nearby idyllic wooden town of Porvoo today; spoilt by the marvellous sunshine and beautiful views, the little shops and cafés brimming with goodies. The prospect of a little outing there is always as enticing, and we return home full of inspiration. Although this time I also came back with a tinge of regret for leaving, among other things, the green chair glimpsed below just standing there waiting to be picked up and given a loving home - but I'd momentarily turned into a penny-pincher.

Päiväretki Porvooseen; aurinko ja näkymät hellivät, putiikit ja kahvilat houkutuksia pullollaan. Aina yhtä kutkuttava ajatus päästä käymään ja uutta intoa puhkuen kotiin palataan. Vaikkakin nyt muiden muassa alla vilahtava vihreä tuoli jäi kaihertamaan, iski nuukuus.









I never thought I'd hear myself praising the looks of an electicity mains, but in Porvoo even that is possible!
En olisi uskonut kehuvani sähkölaatikon viehätysvoimaa, mutta Porvoossa sekin on mahdollista!



My lovely cottage said...

This is almost unbelieveable, but that childwagon (forgot the name in english) stands in my garage. Our children were in it and actually i was waiting for a nice and sunny day to make a beautiful picture of it in my garden, sort of like the book of jeanne d'arc.Looks like you had a lovely day. take care.

Ciara Brehony said...

What a beautiful place. Imagine living there! I have been looking for one of those prams for years now to put my babies in, but no luck. My earliest memories are of being in one. I just know that someone I know has one in their mother's attic...oh well!

Solange said...

hello there,
oh, it's been a while since I didn't check your blog I see, I've been quite busy now we are preparing to move to our new home...it's crazy!
I must say that I love all your pictures, also the ones of the children's room and the ones of the place your visited. Here it's also nice and sunny, everything seems so much nicer and brighter on sunny days :-)
Am looking for a bed for my 2 year old boy, I thought about Ikea, and painting it a greyish blue, mmm....lots of ideas.

have a great sunday!!

Solange

Niina said...

Ooh, onko Suomessa jo noin keväistä...Mutta varmaan aika viileää vielä?

Marikki said...

Oi-joi! Minäkin haluaisin käymään Porvoossa. Mahtaa olla kaunis kaupunki!

Nadine von herz-allerliebst.de said...

What a beautiful and cosy place. Your photos are so wonderful.

Have a nice evening, Nadine
herz-allerliebst.de

Stardust said...

Nuo lastenrattaat on tosi kauniit. Kivalta näyttäytyy Porvoo kuvissasi. Pitäisi käydä! Ennenvanhaan reissasin sinne tosi usein, nyt on vuosia viime käynnistä..

Virkattu lintu said...

Kauniita kuvia! Minäkin olen haaveillut reissusta Porvooseen. Ehkä kesällä ehtisi...

Hanna said...

Ihania Porvoo kuvia! Sinne tekee taas mieli vaikkei edellisestä visiitistä ole kauaa. Missä tuo Isoäidin huone onkaan? Minä yleensä käyn vain Joki-ja välikadulla ja tuollainen on mennyt ihan ohitse.

Rebecca / Sanctuary said...

my lovely cottage - Your pram sounds wonderful, I'll be waiting to see the picture! You never see these in use in Finland, but I can't stop marvelling when sometimes you see parents strolling by proudly pushing their classic Silvercross prams in London.

ciara - I think at least Silvercross still continues to manufacture them, although of course a genuine old one would be really nice!

solange - Sounds like exciting times, so inspiring to get to plan one's own home afresh. Hope your move goes smoothly and with the least possible stress!

family blommendahl - Keväistä on, viikonloppuna ainakin etelä-Suomessa oli reilut 20 astetta lämmintä eli ihan kesältä tuntui! Nyt on tosin siitä vähän viilentynyt, sellaista se on :)

marikki - Se on niin ihana kaupunki! Ja tuntuu, että joka vuosi ainakin vanha kaupunki vain paranee, niin paljon kaunista ja vanhaa ihailtavaksi ja ostettavaksikin.

nadine - Thank you - it's a beautiful, special little town!

stardust - Kannattaa kyllä tehdä siinne vaikka kesäreissu, siellä on niin paljon kaikkea ihanaa! Nyt oltiin siis lapsinemme liikkeellä ja aloin haaveilemaan, että päästäisiin joskus miehen kanssa kahden, voisi syödä rauhassa hyvin, kahlata jokainen putiikki ja nähtävyys läpi rauhassa, ja yöpyä idyllisissä puitteissa.

paperisydän - Sinne vaan, ei varmasti tuota pettymystä!

hanna - Muistaakseni tuo on juuri Jokikadulla, siinä ihan sillan kupeessa vanhan kaupungin puolella.

Instagram

Sanctuary.